MUSCODA, WI (WTAQ) - About 15 students got sick Friday, as the result of acid fumes from a science lab at Riverdale High School in Muscoda in southwest Wisconsin.
School officials called 911 after kids started getting sick.
District Administrator Bryce Bird said all those who were taken to a hospital in Richland Center have since gone home, and they're getting better.
Riverdale High has about 150 students. Those not sickened were sent to an elementary and middle school building nearby.
Bird said the high school will re-open on Monday as scheduled. A hazardous materials' team has ruled out carbon monoxide, gas, and mold as the source of the problem.
Bird says all the chemicals are being removed from the science rooms for the rest of the school year -- and the situation will be evaluated during the summer.
(Story courtesy of Wheeler News Service)