TOWN OF CALDEONIA, WI (WTAQ) - A Waupaca County man and his dog are dead following an early morning house fire.
Sheriff's officials say 82-year-old Wayne Tesch died of smoke inhalation and carbon monoxide poisoning in the blaze Tuesday. The family's dog also died.
77-year-old Joyce Tesch, Wayne's wife, was rushed to the hospital for smoke inhalation. She has been treated and released.
The call went out just after 3:30 a.m. to the home at N688 Bellin Road. Crews from the Town of Dale and Fremont responded to the remodeled schoolhouse.
Investigators say the fire appears to be accidental and is not thought to be suspicious. However, an exact cause is still not known.
The Red Cross is helping the family.
(Additional reporting from FOX 11).