GREEN BAY, WI (WTAQ) - Fire crews and the Brown County Hazardous Materials Team are finished securing a chlorine leak on Green Bay's east side.
Green Bay Metro Fire Lt. Nick Craig says they were called just after 11 a.m. to the city's water treatment facility at 641 S. Grandview Road, near Finger Road.
Craig says the leak was happened while workers were changing out a chlorine cylinder. One of the workers was taken to the hospital for exposure to the chlorine, but has been released.
Craig says the leak has been contained and the building is being aired out. The treatment facility was ventilated and the Brown County Hazardous Materials Team monitored air quality to ensure that the gas had dissipated to safe levels.
The leak did not affect the water supply.