ASHWAUBENON, WI (WTAQ) - Fire crews responded early Friday to a duplex fire in Ashwaubenon.
The call went out at 3:50 a.m to the duplex at 1326 April Lane and 2025 Argonne Street for a report of a garage fire.
Ashwaubenon Public Safety officials say no one was injured in the blaze, but one dog and several reptiles died due to the fire.
It's not yet known how the fire started.
Fire investigators have arrived and are working at the scene. Officials believe the fire started in the garage, but it could be weeks before they determine a cause. The duplex is believed to be a total loss.
The Red Cross is helping the families who were displaced.
Officials say the cold weather posed a challenge for fire crews, who dealt with icy conditions and freezing equipment.