ARGYLE, WI (WTAQ) - Hundreds of people attended a “healing and remembrance” service at the Argyle High School football field, in honor of three young boys who died in a house fire this month.
Students made crafts to salute their fallen classmates Allen, Jeffery, and Joseph Wand.
Firefighters and other emergency personnel at the September 7th blaze were also honored at Wednesday night’s service – and candles illuminated photos of the three victims.
Authorities said their father, Armin Wand III and his brother Jeremy set the fire to collect insurance money.
The boys’ mother, Sharon Wand, remains hospitalized after being burned in the blaze. She lost an unborn child, and her two-year-old daughter escaped the flames unharmed.
One of the pastors who presided at the service, Reverend Dan Bohlman, called it “the first step in taking the next step toward healing.” He said the 3 fatal victims would always be a part of the Argyle community – but in time, residents would focus on, “new images of people caring for one another.”