One of the greatest roads to ride, especially in the Fall, is the Great River Road. The portion I reccommend is the 80 mile strectch from La Crosse, WI to Guttenberg, IA.
1. Head south from La Crosse on HWY 35 (Great River Road)
2. The ride is right along the river with AMAZING views and lots of sweeping turns
3. Prairie Du Chien is a great place to stop for a bite and strecth your legs with a stroll through Cabela's.
4. From Prairie Du Chien head West across the river on HWY 18
5. Here's the important part: right after you cross the bridge, make sure you take a left on 1st St. and then take a right on HWY 76 which is the Great River Road.
6. Stay on Great River Road until you get to HWY 52. head south into Guttenberg. There are great bluffs and awesome views of the Mississippi River in the Guttenberg area.
If you've got a ride you'd like to share, send it to me and I'll post it here. firstname.lastname@example.org