Do You Know Proper Bar Etiquette?
It's a bar. You really don't need too many rules. Mostly, just don't be a dick or show your... Anyway, it couldn't hurt to brush up on some etiquette. Maybe you're doing something on this list and not realizing you're pissing off the people around you.
Really, this are just more for your amusement. It made me laugh.
1. Don’t spend the whole time on your smartphone.
2. If you don’t have money to tip the bartender, then you don’t have money to go to the bar. Don’t rely on your buddies for the gratuity. Cheap ass.
3. If you owe someone money, it is acceptable to repay them with drinks at the bar. Cheap ass.
4. When someone offers to buy you a cocktail, don’t suddenly decide you prefer Hendrick’s. Cheap ass.
5. If your group of friends has already taken turns buying rounds, never suggest paying your own tab when it’s your turn. Cheap ass.
6. Never talk to people about fantasy sports. Nobody gives a shit.
7. No bathroom chit-chat.
8. No light beer. Ever.
9. If you do happen to bring Rolling Rock to a pre-game, you have to drink at least six of them before diving into the fridge for your buddy’s craft beers.
10. If a woman refuses your drink, she doesn’t like you.
11. If a woman accepts your drink, she still doesn’t like you.
12. Eyes straight ahead while using the urinal.
13. If you’re in a group, never buy shots just for yourself.
14. It is okay to drink alone. Just don’t get wasted alone.
15. If you’re going to eat, do not eat wings. You will get sauce on your face.
16. Do not be a tobacco mooch, especially to the same person more than once in the same night. Cigarettes are expensive.
17. Don’t yell at the bartender. Stand six to eight feet away, and wait for eye contact. There are people enjoying themselves nearby.
18. If you’re a guy, no straws allowed. That goes for most beverages.
19. Never tip with coins that have touched you. An age-old rule, but one that not enough people follow.
20. If you find yourself in an elevated position or on a stage, you are either better looking than 80% of the bar and female, or sufficiently inebriated.
21. If you can remember the name of the person you just met in the bar thirty seconds ago, then you haven’t had enough to drink.
22. The songs you selected for the jukebox will only play after you’ve left the bar, if at all.
23. Dive bars are for drinking; clubs are for dancing.
24. Never split a large tab on seven different credit cards. That is a massive pain in the ass for both the bartender and the people waiting on drinks. Instead, bring cash to either pay at the bar or reimburse your friend.
25. Don’t hit on members of the bar staff. Nine times out of ten it doesn’t work, and whether you notice or not, everyone at the bar is laughing at you.
26. The best tippers are rarely the ones with the biggest bank accounts.
27. Look around you to see what beers are on tap. You don’t have to ask the bartender.
28. Don’t huddle around the bar with your pals after you’ve gotten your drink. Other people are thirsty.
29. When the bartender asks you what you’re having, be ready. Don’t be the asshole who spends five minutes asking all his friends what they want.
30. When drinking, you’re a better person than you ever imagined you were.
31. Never go out with just your girlfriend/boyfriend to a bar. Instead, try dinner.